18 October 2013

End of another journey.

Everyone will always have a journey, in the form of leadership, life or even a relationship. 
But all of us must be reminded that a journey have an end. It's just whether if it's a good end or a bad end. Justify it yourself.

Credits to whoever took this photo

Yes, if you thought of why I posted this photo, that's right. You may have gotten the right answer.
I'm officially withdrawn from the DPAIG Main Committee AY 13/14.

There were many reasons why I chose to leave at this time, especially after 6-7 months with them, which I may have probably adapted to the working styles of the other maincomm members.

The following reasons are facts:
  1. I can't really work well with some of them.
  2. I have a vision of what I want in the future, and being in the maincomm doesn't really help.
  3. Commitment is a big problem.
  4. I can't stand meetings that are more than 3 hours.
  5. I don't want to spend my poly life like how I did in Secondary School.
  6. There's no leadership points since it's not an official CCA.
  7. If you're talking about loyalty, I don't see reasons why I need to stay in the main committee, besides looking forward to mingle around with new batch next year, in which I can still participate as a subcommittee.
  8. I don't wish to be a Media Head anymore, I'm tired of being it.

You could think that I have given up in this journey. But to me, I did not give up.
I merely leave a committee that does not prove its worth. 
I'm not trying to pinpoint individual, but the whole committee when individuals come as one.

In any case, I have already withdrawn from the committee, talking about this won't change anything either. 

Although there were some unhappiness that were bottled up in my mind, I still wish to thank the main committee members for giving me such a wonderful memories during the 1st and 2nd chalet in Aloha Changi and NSRCC respectively. 

Thank you, Huiping & Dickson who never fails to listen to my complaints and also tried to make things better.
Thank you, Carissa and Nigel who were in charge of the CCN day's Haunted House.
Thank you, Melissa who always thought about the welfare of everyone.
And for WenTing and Jeddric, thanks for being proficient in the aspect of logistics. 

No further complaints,  Case Closed.
Desmond